Monday, July 4, 2011

Breaking 70!!

Sean set a new milestone today, breaking 70 for the first time today during a round at the club. A round of 3 under par, 69. He had 2 birdies and an eagle on the front side (32) to go with only one bogey on the back side (37).

Next goal: A bogey-free round, then it is off to the races to break 60!!

I had a little fun with this one. I walked through the clubhouse on my way out after my own round (I shot an 80), when Tom in the proshop asked if I had heard Sean had shot a 69. I had not.

I could see Sean was down at the driving range, grinding away. I approached Sean there saying, "Guess what? I shot a 68 today!!"

Since he looked like I had just punched him in the gut, I took it back right away. And congratulated him on his own score.

What a wonderful boost. He is brimming with confidence right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment