Thursday, February 25, 2010

Where to start?

This is a true story about a boy who, in the summer of his 13th year, looks to have decided to chase a competitive golf dream.

The story is being told by his father. To chronicle what happens, to see where the chase leads him and his father, what we discover along the way, and who we become because of this journey. I have a sense it will be dramatic, whether or not the dream is fulfilled.

My son doesn't know that I am writing this story, and I don't know if or when I will tell him. We'll just see how it evolves. There may come a time to reveal who he is. Or maybe not.

But it will be real and true and will be as honest as it seems to me. So true that if one really wishes to uncover our identities, enough clues will be scattered about to make that possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment